What Will I Learn?
Name: Christopher Tucker
Birth Date: August 31st, 1971
Occupation: Actor, Comedian, TV Presenter.
Net worth: $11.5 Million
Spouse: Divorced. Ex-Wife- Azja Pryor (1997-2003)
Children: Destin Tucker
Zodiac Sign: Virgo
Last Updated: 2020
Today, Success Titan presents you one of Hollywood’s highest-paid actors. He went from being known as just a usual Comedian to a high-profile celebrity.
Thanks to his optimism and resilience to overcome several setbacks, he possesses a great talent for creativity, self-expression, owns the gift for gab and the ability to savors the limelight.
He amassed an estimated fortune of US $11.5 million. I’m Jejelola Olajumoke from Success Titan, and that’s Chris Tucker’s story.
Christopher was born in Atlanta, Georgia, USA. He is the youngest son of six children of Mary Louie and Norris Tucker.
His father was an independent businessman who owned a janitor service, and his mother took care of the family’s six children.
His family lived in Decatur, Georgia. After he graduated from Columbia High School in Decatur, he pursued a degree at the University of California for a career in comedy and acting.
Career & Hustle
He ventured into show business immediately after he graduated from high school. In 1992, Chris became a frequent performer on Def Comedy Jam. His first movie was House Party in 1994 and kept progressing.
He co-starred in several movies after that in which Rush Hour movie series. He is best known for his role as Smokey in the film “Friday” and Detective James Carter in the “Rush Hour” series.
The Turning Point
Chris’s breakout role was that of Smokey on Friday. He had significant success in his role as a detective in Rush Hour, which resulted in him having a whopping salary of $20 million and $25 million for Rush hour 2 and 3 respectively.
Success Knocks on Chris’ Door
Chris got his start way back in 1992 on HBO’s def Comedy Jam, telling jokes about Micheal Jackson and why white people might not vote for a black president. He progressed from smaller roles in Meteor man and House Party 3 to a star-turning performance as Smokey in the first Friday film in 1995.
He got featured in the New Line Cinema movie ‘Rush Hour’ in 1998 which availed him the opportunity to get acquainted with the legendary Jackie Chan. He further got featured in ‘Rush Hour 2’ which made him hit a great pay and then became the highest-paid Hollywood actor.
3 Lessons We Can Learn from Chris’ Story
You have got to control your destiny. Chris knows exactly where he is going in life and won’t be limited by any setback.
He has been faced with defeat and failures financially, martially yet he never succumbs to negative thoughts of fear and doubt of his actual goal but instead maintains a positive mental attitude by building his mastermind group among his friends.
Day to day life is a lot of work. Put in all you have got to realize your dream. He has a fixed mindset towards growth, which is an essential element in a personal drive to succeed.
He not only performs to attain good marks and grades but also based on expected satisfaction of his performances from his audience in comedy and movies by dishing out the best of himself in his act.
He gets motivated by his success, which includes the reaction gotten from his audience when telling jokes.
Chris loves what he does, and this has really helped him in becoming better in it. He mostly accepts roles in which he will be able to express himself fully, gets enormous satisfaction, and self-fulfillment from his work.
5 Success Tips From Chris
Invest in yourself;
Don’t go investing in stuff you don’t know about because you are going to lose at the end.
Bring the best out of you
Strive to do better than before; I look towards the future, which requires a lot more to do. The future is more steps to climb. Never get satisfied with your present performance, know that you can always do better.
Dream big and believe in your dream
If you believe and you are doing something you have a goal, you have a dream to get somewhere, it makes you feel good.
Get Associated with Good people
You Need Good people in LifeLife. Don’t just isolate yourself for business or anything because, in the end, the people you know and the people who really know you are those that truly know who you really are.
Comedy is healing, and it’s giving. That is why I want to work.
Just believe in yourself, and work really hard. When doors open for you, take advantage of every opportunity you have.
7 Things You Didn’t Know About Chris Tucker
- Chris is one of the funniest actors.
- He is a very close pal to Bill Clinton, the former President of the US, and has traveled. Also, he is a good friend with singer Late Micheal Jackson and was featured in two of his music videos.
- Chris is of the Pentecostal Christian Faith. He became a born again Christian in the year 1997.
- Chris became a born again Christian in the year 1990, and he had since then had religion driving him, which has influenced his decision on declining roles in movies.
- Tucker endorsed Barack Obama in the 2008 primaries.
- Chris has three continents, genetic makeup, which includes African, Europe, and America.
- Chris Tucker runs a charity foundation which is called Chris Tucker Foundation. This organization is non-profit but rather is dedicated to providing help to the less privileged, which includes children and homeless people.
10 Quotes from Chris Tucker
- “I think all the knowledge and all the travels that I have done, I am going to do a lot of great work in the future.”
- “It takes intelligence to make a real comedy, and it takes a reality base to create all that little stuff he likes to do that makes the audience giggle inside.”
- “Making people laugh is giving, and it’s healing, too, when people can go up to the movies and forget about their problems. It is a good thing. That’s why He wants to work”.
- “I want to keep working; I want to keep doing my humanitarian stuff around the world, shining a light on different places that have problems. Keep making movies, make people laugh”.
- “Just believe in yourself and work really hard. And when doors open, take advantage of every opportunity you can”.
- “If we never thank God for every smile, why do we blame Him for every tear”?
- “You got to control your own destiny. You got to keep writing different stuff. Keep switching up and never do the same thing too many times”.
- “Stand-up is like golf: you have to do it every day to get it down, or at least three times a week to get it down.”
- “What’s funny to me is being creative and talking about stuff that I wouldn’t have thought about.”
- “Take care of your Business, man, and don’t listen to people. Do your own business. Be careful who you listen to”.
Your Take-Away for Today
Now that you know how Chris Tucker made it, what can you apply in your LifeLife from what he has done?
I believe one of the greatest takeaways that we can learn is to be self-motivated. Chris believes in being real, passionate, holding onto your dreams, staying optimistic, and creating opportunities.
All these things are achievable when you stay focused on what you are passionate about. Though attaining the apex in one’s field requires a lot of hard work with persistence, which will always pay off at the end.
That’s just my personal opinion, what do you think instead? Comment below!