What Will I Learn?
Name: Joshua Michael Peck
Birth Date: November 10, 1986
Occupation: Actor, voice actor, comedian, YouTuber
Net-Worth: Est. $3,000,000
Spouse: Paige O’Brien
Children: Max Milo Peck
Zodiac Sign: Scorpio
Today, Success Titan presents you the man that Starred on the hit TV show, Drake & Josh. He went from about 250 pounds to weighing approximately 180 pounds today.
Thanks to his ambition and drive, he amassed an estimated fortune of US $3,000,000. I’m Brian Wisneski from the Success Titan’s team, and that’s Josh Peck’s success story.
Josh grew up in Hell’s Kitchen, New York, with his mother. At an early age, he got involved in theatre and stage performing, while when he was around 8, he desired to become involved in stand up comedy.
That turned out to become a reality once he reached the age of 13, where he was already acting professionally.
Career & Hustle
Peck’s career started early on; in fact, at the age of 13, he was offered a part on “The Amanda Show” on Nickelodeon and made his first film appearance in “Snow Day.”
He is most famous for starring in the show “Drake & Josh,” which made its debut in 2004. Other productions that helped him extend his fame were “Red Dawn,” “Drillbit Taylor,” & “Ice Age: Dawn of the Dinosaurs,” just to name a few.
The Turning Point
The big turning point in his life seems to have been his weight loss. If you remember watching the older episodes of “Drake & Josh,” you will probably remember how different he used to look compared to how he is now.
The change is even noticeable throughout the production of the show as he continued to lose weight, losing an estimated 70 pounds, just over the course of a year and a half!
That’s why, even if it isn’t related to his acting career, many people knew Peck from his transformational journey. In fact, he keeps inspiring people to start improving their health and keeping it as he has been able to keep a healthy physique to this day.
Success Knocks on Peck’s Door
In 2005 Peck was awarded the Special Distinction Award for his appearance in “Mean Creek.”
Since then, he has gone on to achieve 6 more acting awards, including The Kids’ Choice Blimp Award for his part on “Drake & Josh,” four BTVA Feature Film Voice Acting Awards, and a People’s Choice Award for the TV series “Grandfathered.”
3 Lessons we can learn from Peck’s story
Lesson #1: Do What You Love
Peck’s success story is based on the concept of following your passion. Since being a young boy, he was so much into comedy and acting that he didn’t let his age stop him from pursuing his career. This eventually made him dive deep enough to accomplish his goal of becoming an actor.
Lesson #2: One Transformation Can Change Everything
Josh’s weight loss journey is one of the best examples of a total transformation. He went from being the overweight, nerdy guy on “Drake & Josh” to being looked up as the “good looking” one from the show.
The important aspect to consider, though, is that his transformation didn’t change only his physique but positively impacted his self-image and confidence. That’s why changing one little thing in your life can transform it completely.
Lesson #3: Make Others Laugh
One of Peck’s greatest gift is his ability to make people laugh. Realize that everyone loves to laugh and be happy, so being able to give those feelings that to other people is a skill worth practicing.
You may not be a great comedian, but we all can bring light to someone’s day with a good joke!
Josh Peck’s Weight Loss Journey
Peck’s weight loss stands out immensely, in my opinion, from the majority of celebrities. He’s very inspirational for anyone trying to lose weight since he has been able to keep a healthy weight ever since he started his diet in 2008.
Peck states that his motivation for keeping his healthy weight is due to being an inspiration for other children that would watch him on TV and motivate them to stay healthy.
“I would just say to not be too hard on yourself and just stay motivated, and moderation is always the key, and to do it because it will make you happy. It will all come in time. Rushing anything is usually a recipe for disaster.” – Josh Peck
7 Curiosities About Josh Peck
1. Josh Peck can play the piano really well;
2. His influences are Richard Pryor, and Bill Cosby and his favorite actor is Ben Kingsley;
3. He never knew his dad;
4. He is best friends with Drake & Josh costar, Drake Bell;
5. He used to spend time making hip hop beats and studio work with upcoming artists;
6. He is very close to his mother;
7. He has been doing stand up comedy since he was 8 years old.
10 Quotes from Josh Peck
1. “To me, there’s nothing greater than making people laugh.”
2. “Real artists take the misery and sadness of life and translate it into art.”
3. “When your body is your instrument, it needs maintenance and it needs to be held in a certain way. That’s a universal thread, whether you’re an athlete, a dancer, an actor or a singer. It’s all about maintaining your body because that allows you to do what you do.”
4. “Anytime where you’re challenged, physically or mentally, you rise to the occasion in different ways.”
5. “I am happiest when I am working though, when I am being creative. I realized at a very young age what I loved doing. I think it is so important for people to pursue the things that they love and not give up on their dreams.”
6. “Acting is not therapy, but it can be therapeutic.”
7. “In life, I’d much rather have people laughing at me than booing me.”
8. “I do work too hard sometimes, but my mom is such an inspiration. She tells me to ‘chill out’ and not take things so seriously. She will say: ‘Go and have a massage.'”
9. “I’m not built for war. I’m built for entertainment. I’m built for jokes – either telling them or being the butt of them.”
10. “Become a student of the game. Study what you are passionate about.”
That was the story of Josh Peck. As you can see, thanks to his passion for acting, comedy, and for improving his health, he became one of the most loved actors, comedians, and inspirational figures of our time.
Your Take-Away for Today
Now that you know how Peck made it, which of his quotes resonates with you the most, how will you take action on this quote in your own life?