What Will I Learn?
Name: Miranda Taylor Cosgrove
Nickname: Cosmos, Mir, Randy
Birth Date: May 14, 1993
Occupation: Actor, Singer, Song Writer & TV personality
Net-Worth: $12 m
Zodiac Sign: Taurus
Today, Success Titan presents you the most famous teen TV actress, commonly known for starring in the ICarly sitcom on Nickelodeon Channel. She is not only a professional and talented singer but also rated by the Guinness World record as the second-highest-paid teen actress.
Thanks to her talent, passion, and resilience, she released her first album “Sparks Fly” in April 2010, only aged 17. She has a cumulative fortune of US$ 12m. I’m Michael Wesonga from Success Titan, and that’s Miranda Cosgrove’s story. 
Miranda Taylor Cosgrove was born on 14 May 1993 in Los Angeles, California to her father Tom, a dry cleaner and her mom Chris, a homemaker. 
She was first spotted aged three by a talent agent as she sang and danced at a restaurant. The agent, seeing her performance, recommended her for modeling.
Initially skeptical about the offer, Cosgrove’s mother allowed her to appear in TV Commercials for McDonald’s, and Mellow Yellow – citrus-flavored, highly caffeinated soft drink.
At seven, Cosgrove’s mind was made up; she was cut for modeling and acting, and therefore auditioned for TV and theater roles.  She was also the promotional brand ambassador for Neutrogena skincare in 2010.  
Career & Hustle
Miranda, 10, landed her first acting gig in the movie Rock with Jack Black as Summer Hathaway. After that she took the role of Megan Parker (Drake’s younger scheming sister) on Drake and Josh for four seasons in the kids’ TV show, Nickelodeon. 
And when it was time for college, Cosgrove, who was homeschooled from the sixth grade, chose the University of Southern California over New York University in 2012 to maintain her acting career and be close to family. She majored in film but later switched to psychology. 
The Turning Point
ICarly was such a massive success that it hosted celebrity guests, including the British boy band One Direction, Emma Stone, Jane Lynch, Jack Black, and even a visit from First Lady Michelle Obama.
Apparently, during Obama’s visit, all the crew had to undergo a mandatory security check by handing over their Social Security numbers.
Cosgrove said. “It was weird because we were nervous at the beginning, but after a while, it was kind of funny to know that she’s a normal person.”
“We sort of stopped thinking about the fact that she was the First Lady and just had a really good time.” She added. 
Success Knocks on Miranda Cosgrove’s Door
Cosgrove began her music career with four songs on the iCarly soundtrack before later releasing her own studio album, Sparks Fly. It has sold about 500, 000 copies internationally to date. 
She went on to record iCarly’s title song “Leave it all to Me” that hit on the Billboard Hot 100, then she has recorded other hit singles like Stay my Baby, Kissing You, Dancing Crazy among others. 
She is a professionally trained singer with an illustrious music career that she had to be purposefully trained to sing in her School of Rock character. Not to mention that she likes writing songs and also plays the guitar. 
About You Now, which was released in January 2009, was also a great hit, rating 47 on the Hot 100 Billboard. 
She ultimately made a bold decision to join college after iCarly’s finale, which paid her $180, 000 per season.
Amongst her popular movies, we find Smallville (2001), School of Rock (2003), Grounded for Life (2004), What’s New, Scooby-Doo? (2005) and Drake and Josh Go Hollywood (2006).
3 Lessons we Can Learn from Miranda Cosgrove’s Story
1. Character Triumphs over Appearance.
Cosgrove says working on animated films like Despicable Me 2 taught her how liberating it is to care less about how one looks and placing more emphasis on the inner qualities of the character itself.
2. Responsibility Equals Accountability
The actor says her mother has never once advised her on being a role model but was surprised upon being considered one by other people. This advised her careful choice of actions to make great decisions for herself and her fans.
3. Age is Just a Number
Cosgrave’s success at such a young age is such a motivation to her peers and everyone else that energy flows where the focus is placed.
5 Success Tips from Miranda Cosgrove
1. Unique Family Bonds Build Strong Characters
Cosgrove, an only child, cherishes the close ties she holds with her mother, who has traveled so many places with her and with whom she hangs out a lot. She is simply her best friend.
2. Get out of the Comfort Zone
Additionally, Cosgrove says she overcame shyness as a little girl by doing school plays that helped her break off the cocoon. That’s what made her grow to the person she’s now, only because she faced her demons.
3. Make Friends a Priority.
Having been homeschooled from the sixth grade onwards and knowing one best friend for quite a while, Cosgrove says it’s essential to hang out with friends, even if it is just for an hour. Keeping up with her friends was always a great challenge for her since her tight schedule.
4. Self-Belief is Key to Life’s Success
Cosgrove really struggled with body image insecurities in her formative years. She would hardly have made it in the modeling, and acting career had she not overcome her fears. However, she trusted herself to do it through strong willpower and self-belief.
5. Opportunity Always Lurks Around
Cosgrove was somewhat reluctantly introduced to modeling TV commercials. Still, it didn’t take her long to figure out that she was cut out for bigger movies and television roles. She was right on her intuition and so good at acting that she was almost destined to become the second-highest-paid actress.
7 Things You Didn’t Know About Miranda Cosgrove
- Her favorite movie is Amelie.
- Cosgrove was stung 60 times while little as she walked by a wasp’s nest.
- She’s known for cupcakes in the middle of the night.
- A six-year-old girl sneaked into her hotel room once, while on a tour.
- She loves swimming in the rain.
- Her biggest disappointment is never being a flower girl.
- She admits to being a world class procrastinator.
10 Quotes from Miranda Cosgrove
- “Everybody in L.A. wants to be an actor. I just wish I could meet somebody who doesn’t act or sing.”
- “I definitely have guys that I’m friends with that I have a crush on, and you don’t want to ruin the friendship.”
3. “I’ve feel like I’ve been doing TV shows most of my life.”
- “I write songs all the time in my room. I play them for my friends and family.”
- “A big part of why I wanted to go to college is to meet people and make friends.”
6. “My mom is a really good cook. I didn’t get the cooking gene, but she cooks this really amazing dinner every Christmas, and that’s always really fun.”
7. “I like the old, classic scary movies. I love ‘Psycho,’ ‘The Sixth Sense,’ and ‘Poltergeist.’”
8. “I want to get the message out that everybody can make a difference.”
9. “Growing up, my next-door neighbor was my best friend and an only child too.”
10. “I really love music but I’ve always wanted to act.”
Your Take-Away for Today
Now that you know how Miranda Cosgrove made it, what can you apply in your life from what she has done?
I believe one of the greatest take-aways that we can learn is that we should have a genuine love for people and ourselves. That way, we’ll value the importance of positively impacting other people’s lives.
That’s just my personal opinion, what do you think instead? Comment below!
1. Bleznak, Becca. (April 8, 2020). “Miranda Cosgrove Net Worth 2020: Age, Height, Weight, Boyfriend, Dating, Kids, Bio-Wiki. Wealthy Persons”. Wealthy Persons.
2. Money Jojo. (April 13, 2020) “Miranda Cosgrove Net Worth 2020: Rich List”.
3. Make Facts. (January 25, 2020). “Miranda Cosgrove Net Worth, Height, Age, Bio, Family, Facts”.
4. Gani, Ayesh (January 2, 2020). Miranda Cosgrove Net Worth”. The Cinemaholic.
5. Biographies (n.d.). “Miranda Cosgrove” The Ducksters.
6. Haviland, Lou (September 27, 2019). “What’s ‘iCary Star Miranda Cosgrove Doing Now? Cheat Sheet.
7. Kodero, Kristen. (June 4, 2013). “Miranda Cosgrove: 5 Lessons on Growing Up
8. Actress Miranda Cosgrove shares 5 things she’s learned about growing up that keep her grounded.” Scholastic.
9. The sweet beat [blog]. (June 8, 2012). “25 Things You Didn’t Know About Miranda Cosgrove!” A Sweety High.
Miranda Cosgrove quotes. “American Actress, Born May 14, 1993”. Brainy Quote